FREE Classified Ads - Alaska Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FREE Classified Ads - Alaska Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradley hails 'perfect' U.S. PGA putt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bradley hails 'perfect' U.S. PGA putt Empty Bradley hails 'perfect' U.S. PGA putt Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:21 pm

hatien

Admin

U.S. PGA Championship winner Keegan Bradley told CNN he was proud of the "perfect" putt that helped him overhaul a five-shot deficit to clinch his first major title.

Bradley, 25, defeated his compatriot Jason Dufner in a three-hole playoff at the Atlanta Athletic Club to register an unlikely victory after both players finished on eight-under-par for 72 holes.

New world number 29 Bradley looked to have handed the title to Dufner when he fell five shots behind the leader after finding the water for a triple bogey at the par three 15th.

But Dufner followed his rival into the water on 15 and bogeyed 16 and 17 just as Bradley refound his form to sink back-to-back birdies, including a 35-foot putt for par on the 17th, to force a playoff.

Bradley wins PGA Championship in playoff
I'm just proud of the way I came back. I could've folded, I'm just proud that I didn't
--Keegan Bradley
RELATED TOPICS

* Keegan Bradley
* PGA Tour
* Golf

"The putt on 17 is one I'll never forget for the rest of my life. It was a perfect putt. I was relieved [also] to make that putt on 16; I knew it was a very important putt.

"I'm just proud of the way I came back," said Bradley. "I could've folded, I'm just proud that I didn't."

Bradley is currently in his debut year on the PGA Tour and was playing in a major for the first time in his career.

The rookie admitted he was still coming to terms with the magnitude of his achievement and the attention which comes with it.

"It has sunk in a little bit. I've been in the media room a few times, there are normally four or five people in there but today this place was full. So it's definitely hitting home."

Bradley comes from a rich golfing heritage and his major trophy is not the first one won by the family.

He is the nephew of Pat Bradley, a six-time major winner on the LPGA Tour between 1980 and 1986.

"My grandmother used to ring a cow bell to commemorate Pat's wins," Bradley revealed. "The bell is now in the Hall of Fame, I've actually visited it a few times.

"My mother has started her own tradition of taking some wind chimes and running up and down the street like a crazy woman. It's a cool thing to be mentioned with her [Pat].

"We've both won majors, it's remarkable. It almost gives me chills."

https://hatien.forumvi.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com