FREE Classified Ads - Alaska Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FREE Classified Ads - Alaska Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lytle finishes career with usual excitement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hatien

Admin

Welterweight fighter Chris "Lights Out" Lytle ended his career with the kind of action that kept him in the Ultimate Fighting Championship long enough to record 20 bouts in the organization.

Lytle finishes career with usual excitement Chrislytle1x-wide-community
Lytle submitted Dan Hardy with a guillotine choke in the third round of their main-event fight at UFC Live 5 on Sunday in Milwaukee. Officials for UFC gave Lytle and Hardy bonuses of $65,000 each for the organization's Fight of the Night award. Lytle also was given a $65,000 bonus for Submission of the Night.

That brings Lytle's total of UFC fight-night awards to 10, more than anyone else in UFC. Before Sunday, Lytle was tied with middleweight champion Anderson Silva with eight.

Lytle on Saturday announced it would be the final fight of his 13-year career. At the event's official weigh-ins the previous day, Lytle urged Hardy to "make it a good one."

Hardy, a brawler by inclination, obliged by trading punches with Lytle for most of the fight. Lytle landed 179 of 267 strikes thrown, according to Compustrike. Hardy connected on 94 of 248. Lytle landed 90 power strikes, compared to 64 for Hardy.

"It was a dream fight for me," Lytle said. "I knew he was going to come and just want to stand and bang. He was more aggressive than I'm used to seeing. He was coming forward the whole time. It was awesome."

Each man rocked the other at times during their bout. Lytle after the fight had a number of bruises on his face, including large bump above his right eyebrow.

Yet the fight ended on a grappling note. When Hardy shot forward for a takedown as the bout entered its final minute, Lytle immediately cinched in a guillotine choke and rolled into full mount on top. Hardy tapped out seconds later.

https://hatien.forumvi.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com